Birds are passive mobs that spawn in most biomes (mostly wooded biomes) and come in six different species. They are mainly there to add ambience to different biomes.
Birds only have three hearts, and therefore are killed easily. They can usually walk on the ground, but start flying at random times, and make a variety of cool and ambient noises, from a few chirps to even caws. However, they are timid, and flee from players. Otherwise, they generally don't do that much other than keep calm and be birds.
- Birds were present in the 1.2.5/1.3.2 versions of the mod as seagulls and woodpeckers, and made a return in version 0.5.6, as cardinals, bluejays, sparrows, chickadees, crows, and parrots.
- Each of the six species has its own sound.
- Strangely enough, parrots were chosen to make canary sounds.
- The sparrow was originally supposed to be a robin, but then it got changed into a sparrow.
- When killed, birds drop feathers.
- You could easily trick birds into flying by placing leaf blocks near them.